XBRL Europe Membership is comprised of entitities which have to apply to be accepted by the organisation as members.
XBRL Europe distinguishes 4 categories of members:
Category 1: XBRL national jurisdictions of XBRL International
• European Established Jurisdictions of XBRL International,
• European Provisional Jurisdictions of XBRL International,
• Any other jurisdiction of XBRL International
Category 2: European Institutions
Institutions existing under the European Union Treaties and European Federations or equivalent not for profit associations fulfilling pan-European activities on behalf of their members
Category 3: Non for profit Entities (Institutions, Federations, Associations) as well as for profit Entities incorporated in:
1) an existing XBRL jurisdiction
Cat 3.1.1: not member of the jurisdiction,
Cat 3.1.2: member of the jurisdiction
2) in a country without a XBRL jurisdiction
3) in a country outside Europe
Category 4: Individuals
Persons with knowledge and expertise who are assessed to contribute to the objective of XBRL Europe.