XBRL Europe has set the following various dedicated Working Groups to meet its objectives:
- Bank and Insurance Working Group – Contributes to the EBAs initiative to harmonize the COREP and FINREP frameworks, works with EIOPA on Solvency II taxonomy – Co-Chairs: Vincent Le Moal-Joubel (XBRL France), Thomas Verdin (XBRL UK).
- Standard Business Reporting Working Group – Identifies and provides guidance on best practices regarding the implementation of SBR – Co-Chairs: Frans Hietbrink (XBRL Netherlands) & Elina Koskentalo (XBRL Finland).
- Business Registers Networking Group (xEBR WG) – Aims to increase coordination and interoperability for XBRL efforts and taxonomies for European business registers and company information providers – Development of the xEBR taxonomy – Chair: Thomas Verdin (XBRL UK, XBRL Europe).
- ESMA ESEF Working Group – Educates about European Single Electronic Format for publishing the Financial statements for listed companies – Co-Chairs: Bruno Tesnière (XBRL France) & Gilles Maguet.
- IFRS, Securities and Markets Working Group – Promotes XBRL for European securities and markets, in particular for harmonising the IFRS Taxonomy Extensions considering national law requirements – Chair: Pierre Hamon (XBRL France).